At present the only effective treatment and lasting for an increased breast
cancer is through what we call mammoplasty increase. In this type of surgery, the surgeon puts an implant or breast implants to achieve the volume and appearance your first visit will assess your overall health and inform you that the technique is most appropriate for your case based in the shape of their breasts, beverly hills breast augmentation their anatomy and quality of your skin.
There are different types of prosthesis with respect to its content and its
surface conducted by Los Angeles plastic surgery
- Compared to its contents: silicone gel, saline, hydrogel.
- On the surface: rough or textured surface, smooth surface.
A personalized way and then assess each case, we recommend the most suitable type of stents, both in content, area and volume.
To insert and position the prosthesis can use two types of incisions:
- Around the areola (periareolar incision).
- Anivel the armpit (axillary incision).
The choice of a way at
Los Angeles tummy tuck or another depend on the assessment performed, the type of the breast and the patient herself. We bring forward the election whenever possible via Periareolar the best healing and the best approach for the subsequent positioning of the implant. In regard to the location of the prosthesis, it can be Sub glandular or sub muscular. In most cases we opted for a position with sub pectoral as it becomes more natural in appearance and shape of the breast.
- The intervention is performed under general anesthesia and takes about an
hour, after which we left about drainage aspiration for 24 h. modeler and a
bandage is usually removed within a couple of days. The patient remains in the clinic for 24 h. being assessed the next day and checked into the query until the process..
- The pain of a breast growth is variable and usually lasts 24 to 72 hours, if
not a disabling one. Partner anyway, a mild analgesic in all cases.
- The result is immediate, although the first two weeks in the intervention area may present a slight swelling, decreasing towards the third week.
- It is important from the first day a gradual mobilization of the prosthesis to avoid shrinkage of the capsule that the body forms around the implant.
As with any surgery, there are specific characteristics and minimum risk in it.
- The most common problem is capsular contracture, which occurs when the
reaction of the membrane surrounding the implant to compress it. The result is not the extreme mobility and hardness to the touch. In our experience this
process is reduced to negligible levels by the use of textured surface implants, sub muscular location and early mobilization of the prosthesis.
- Like any surgical procedure, a hecatomb can cause excessive bleeding and pain. The systematic use of post surgical drains minimizes this risk.
- Another risk is described implant infection, our experience shows that with
proper antibiotic coverage is minimal risk.
Finally we mention two final points:
- The ratio of the introduction of silicone gel prostheses with various general diseases (arthritis, a disease of collagen?) Has been ruled out for over one hundred clinical trials later.
- The detection of breast cancer after the implantation of a prosthesis,
especially when the prosthesis is placed below the muscle, can be performed
perfectly by the combination of mammography, ultrasound and MRI. It has been shown that the chances of having breast cancer in a patient with breast
prostheses are the same as those that have not been subjected to this
intervention, as is reflected in the report of the EQUAMM (European Committee for Standardization biomaterials).